Categories: Business Continuity, Debris Removal, Emergency Response, Fire/Soot Restoration, Machinery & Electronics Cleaning
100,000 Sq. Ft Production Facility in Durham, NC suffered heavy smoke damage from a fire. Interior facility was partially destroyed and production operations were halted.
URI was brought in as a consultant to review response recommendation of Restoration Contractor On Site. Their recommendation was as follows:
- Replace all building power, wiring and conduit
- Replace all sprinkler heads
- Replace all roof mounted HVAC (8 Units)
- Replace ceiling insulation
- Cleaning of building and machinery
URI Project Personnel recommended a different course of action:
- Test and characterize smoke residue
- Develop protocol for assessment and cleaning of building electrical
- Publish engineering report regarding building electrical, HVAC and fire suppression
- Meet with local code enforcement and agree on proper course of action
- Clean and recover all systems including insulation and electrical
- Cleaning of building and machinery per the insured’s schedule to resume operations
Customer was able to resume operation in significantly less time and saving the carrier tens of thousands in business interruption claims.