Educational properties encompass structures designed for a range of purposes, and can include:
- Administrative buildings
- Gymnasiums and recreational areas
These buildings accommodate a wide variety of purposes, and any educational structure is at risk of damage from natural disasters, accidents and other emergencies. Storms, fires, floods, mold outbreaks and more can all create structural and safety issues that require a professional response. At URI, we deliver specialized recovery solutions and disaster management for educational properties. Our teams provide rapid, targeted services using the latest equipment and techniques to restore your property and create a safe environment.
Importance of Disaster Management in Schools
When schools are out of operation, children are deprived of the continuing education they need and deserve. After natural disasters, schools can get designated as relief centers, tasked to provide additional housing for displaced citizens and a place for community members to meet. With effective disaster management from URI, our experts help you create a school disaster preparedness plan that meets your needs and ensures your school is ready for anything.
The Benefits of Disaster Management for Educational Properties
Planning for natural disasters on college campuses and other educational properties offers benefits schools of any size can take advantage of, including:
- Preparation: Our experts go through your property, study blueprints and coordinate with you to develop solutions for responding to any disaster in the fastest and most effective way possible.
- Safety: A school disaster preparedness plan provides faculty and students with exit routes and creates strategies for hazardous materials removal, including lab supplies.
- Continuity: With a disaster plan, our teams already know the fastest solutions that will work for your facility, and we deploy them fast to minimize the disruption to your class schedule.
- Mitigation: Our teams immediately set to mitigating your losses after a disaster, and we provide solutions to help you prevent additional losses and recover salvageable items.
Natural Disaster Restoration Services for Schools
We have decades of experience, a massive equipment inventory and employ a staff of professionals trained in a wide range of response, recovery and restoration techniques. Our teams will help you recover from the most significant damages, and we provide specialized services for:
- Debris removal
- Fire and soot restoration
- Content and document recovery
- Water extraction and flood restoration
We also provide containment and disposal of hazardous materials, professional mold remediation and duct cleaning to ensure your HVAC system is free from soot, odors, microbes and other harmful substances.
Make a School Disaster Preparedness Plan
It is impossible to understate the importance of disaster management in schools. At URI, we offer free school disaster preparedness plans designed for your property. To speak to an expert about creating yours, please send us a message.
For fast and professional disaster recovery and restoration services at your educational property, call our emergency hotline day or night at 888.753.7587.