Is Containment Necessary?
Containment is vital for any project where you risk exposure to asbestos, lead, mold and other airborne substances. Even if your project is for the removal of a different substance or material, containment is necessary to keep other risks under control. Asbestos containment is essential for any project involving buildings constructed before 1987. Although lead paint was outlawed nine years before that, lead paint containment is also critical when working on many commercial and industrial structures in active use today.
Mold spores are virtually everywhere, and many different types can cause adverse health effects ranging from mild to severe. Mold is attracted to areas with high humidity, excessive moisture and standing water. When disrupted, mold colonies distribute spores into the air to spread and look for other spaces to grow. Containment prevents mold spores from leaving the designated area.
The Benefits of Lead, Asbestos and Mold Containment
With rapid professional containment around your incident site, you can keep the project limited in size to reduce costs and expedite the remediation process. Containment places a physical barrier between the contaminated area and the outside world, preventing unauthorized access to keep people safe and limit liability. The barrier also provides concealment, blocking the sounds of construction and the view of the area until it’s ready for the public.
URI containment services deliver additional benefits you can take advantage of as well, including:
- Rapid assessments: We have decades of experience and will quickly identify all the steps required to contain your site.
- Professional inspections: Our teams work with certified health inspectors to ensure air quality and plan mitigation strategies.
- Total containment: We deploy equipment to maintain negative pressure, lead paint containment systems and HEPA filters to purify the air.
- Removal and disposal: Our containment services include the safe collection, sterilization and proper disposal of all hazardous substances.
- Professional restoration: At URI, we provide all the restoration services you need to get your building back in order and open for business.
Resume Business Operations Sooner With URI
At URI, we provide rapid response anywhere you need us with our 24/7 emergency containment services. If you have an active hazard in your building, please call our emergency response hotline at 888.753.7587. We also offer free disaster planning services you can use to develop actionable strategies for facing the unexpected. To create yours, or to get in touch with us about asbestos containment, our lead containment procedures or any of our other containment services, please send us a message.