Our Paper Document Restoration Process
Our document restoration and preservation processes begin the moment we arrive at your location. URI experts quickly identify and prioritize your documents for retrieval, and we catalog each item for accountability. The document recovery process depends on the damage, with specialized methods to restore records affected by:
- Fire: We can restore paperwork damaged by fire, smoke and soot using gentle tools, ionized air washing and professional deodorization.
- Flood: Documents damaged by water are salvaged using advanced vacuum flash- and freeze-drying equipment and recirculated air drying systems.
- Mold: If you have paper documents ravaged by mold, fungus or other organic growth, we sterilize and clean them using electron beam or gamma radiation.
If your property suffered structural damage, you might have additional hazardous substances involved in your cleanup. Damage to older buildings can leave lead, asbestos and other dangerous residues on your documents. Our teams ensure each item we restore is free from any hazardous materials before coming back to you.
What Documents Does URI Restore?
At URI, we restore a wide range of paper and photographic documents and always employ strict confidentiality procedures from start to finish. We can also take your damaged materials and transfer them to a digital format as layered PDF files, and provide copying and re-jacketing for books and bound records. Common items we help our clients save include:
- Books and ledgers
- Blueprints and maps
- X-rays and medical records
- Photographs, film and negatives
- Legal paperwork and court records
- Parchment, archives and collections
How to Keep Important Documents Safe
Planning is the best way to limit losses when a disaster hits. If you know how to keep important documents safe, you can help protect your paperwork and other records from damage, reduce the size of your claim and speed your recovery. Help protect your documents by:
- Collecting: Identify your essential records and documents and collect them together.
- Copying: Scan your essential paperwork to make digital copies you will store off-site.
- Storing: Store the hard copies of your vital documents in a secure and protected location.
- Preparing: Make a plan so that you know precisely how to respond in case of a disaster.
Our free, custom disaster planning services are the closest thing to insurance for irreplaceable documentation. Creating a plan prepares our team in case of disaster and gives you a number to call so you can get a fast response and work to save your paperwork and other documents from destruction.
Confidential Document Restoration & Preservation
If you need document recovery, it’s best to act quickly. Call our hotline at 888.753.7587, and we will send a team to your location. To learn more about disaster planning or to create your custom plan, please contact us today.